Maggie is such a joy to Wiley and I and it is hard to fathom bringing a new little girl into our family of three. Lots of hope, excitement, anxiety and fear run through my mind at all times of the day. I think it may be harder going in to your second pregnancy than your first because now you know what to expect and that can be frightening. I am not ready for those labor pains!!!! My biggest fear by far is getting Maggie situated and getting to hospital in time. More than likely, my mom will not be here yet but we have several wonderful friends and neighbors that can shack up with Maggie at a moment's notice. Also, my other fear is that Wiley will be in the air if/when I go into labor and just the amount of time it will take to land, get home and then rush down to the Naval Hospital is no small feat of time! But, it will all work out, like every other plan God has for us!
Maggie is enjoying preschool and the things that come out of her mouth are hilarious. Her favorite day, of course, is show and tell day. You never know what she will want to take with her although it usually is a stuffed animal of some sort. And, ok, the child is 3 and they already send homework home!!! Not a big deal because it is usually just a few things to color. But, wow, she will be doing homework for the 18-20 years of her life! She is also mommy's best little shopping buddy. The girl loves to shop. Get ready to open those pockets, daddy!!! We hit the Pouty Princess consignment sale today and got lots of Gymboree and Zutano outfits (most brand new) for very little. Every time I would hold up an outfit, Maggie would say "Oh, mommy that will be adorable on Paigey." I love it!!!!!!!!! Girls are the best.......although I may not be thinking that when those preteen years hit!
Here are some recent pics of our trip to the Aquarium in Atlanta:
We could have watched the otters all day
Last but not least, Daddy playing with Maggie's hair.
2 comments:
Hang in there mama! I wish I could be there to help (like I don't have my hands totally full anyway, but just so you know, I'd drop them in an instant if you needed me!) Going from one to two is, well, a challenge, but an amazing one. The joy you have now from being Maggie's mama will just double, triple, etc., especially when she is sweet to "Paigey". I'm gonna cry just thinking about it! (Remember when I cried the day you were leaving for maternity leave with Maggie? Yep, I'll boo hoo for just about anything . . . )
I did a google search on my name - maggie weyers - and came up with your daughter and your blog. Give her a hug for me.
maggie
Post a Comment