Friday, October 22, 2010

Things I miss.......

I am enjoying our adventure here in Bahrain but there are things I am starting to miss more and more, such as:

*Organic food
*Church on Sunday (not Friday)
*Dillards
*Chic-Fil-A
*Carpet (never thought I would say this!)
*Seasons
*Home improvement shows (TLC, DIY etc)
*Wal-Mart and Target (and I hate Wal-Mart so this shows you how desparate I am)
*Publix
*Grass, trees......a yard, perhaps
*Rain, clouds, stars
*Sonic
*Barnes and Noble
*Normal cell phones
*Texting
*DVR
*Commercials (another thing I never thought I would say)
*The Mighty B
*Spongebob
*Yo Gabba Gabba
*Stress free driving
*Gas stations on every corner
*Closets
*and finally,the 2/3 of my belongings that are in storage

Sometimes you just miss the things you never really thought much about. I never thought there would be a time when I couldn't run into Wal-Mart whenever I wanted and get WHATEVER I wanted. I never thought about the convenience of getting your entire shopping list completed under one roof. I never thought I would miss having some carpeting in the house. I never thought about the ease of pulling into gas stations or a drive thru for something quick. I never thought clouds or stars wouldn't be there....

Now, on the flipside.....Here are some things I will miss about Bahrain when we leave in 1 1/2 years:

*The friendly people
*Gas stations attendants pumping your gas
*Chicken shwarma, turkish bread, hummus and mutabhoul
*City Centre Mall
*Cheap massages and pedicures
*Henna days with Maggie
*Having a house cleaner
*Living in a beautiful high rise
*Our pool, gym, sauna, steam room
*Always knowing what the weather will be like
*Not knowing what's going on back in the states (sometimes this is a good thing!)
*No commercials and very little advertising of any kind
*Washer & dryer in my kitchen (no excuse to not do laundry!)
*Very little crime
*Fresh mint with lemon juice from the souk
*Spotless public restrooms
*Having my husband home every night

No comments: