Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Day in the Life......

A day in the life of Maggie:

8am (I'm a late sleeper!) - drag all my "friends (dolls etc.)" into mom and dad's room. Demand breakfast in front of the tube. Cry when I am told to go potty. Then I fall in to cartoon coma.

10am - Ask to wear a pretty dress and a long ponytail. Play pretend and dress up, make a big mess and cry if I am told to pick up. Yeah right, I only make the messes. It isn't fair if I have to pick them up.

12pm - Lunch which if left to my own devices, I would take my sweet time and make it last all day. Spend the next few hours playing with mom and dragging my room contents all over the house.

2pm - Naptime! I have a whole routine for this. There are certain things that must be in my bed, certain secrets that I must tell mom before she can leave the room and I demand to know what time I can wake up and what is on tap for me once I do wake up.....and it has to be up to my standards of fun.

4pm - Hopfully, I have napped until 4pm. Then it is snack, drink and a cartoon followed by whatever activity mom promised me. Usually I play outside and eat a frozen gogurt which will get all over my dress. This, in turn, makes me freak out because while I like to get dirty, I do not like my pretty dresses to get dirty. Mom tries to get me to wear play clothes outside but most of the time, I just want to wear my pretty dress! What does she know?

6:30 pm - Supper time! Again, I will stay at the table and sing and talk to my heart's content. Eventually I will receive a time line for when I need to be finished. I will not adhere to this so sometimes my supper is taken away from me, which really hacks me off!

8pm - Bathtime. I will usually pee a little over the seat of the potty and cry when mommy asks my why oh why I always do this. Well, mom, my booty is little and that toilet seat is big. I CAN'T scoot back farther or I might fall in! She thinks it is because I wait until the last minute to potty and don't have time to situate myself. Again, what does she know. I will tell mommy and daddy that I am hungry and thirsty but most of the time, they tell me that I didn't eat my supper like I was supposed to so all I usually get is a measly drink of water. Yuck!

8:30 - 9pm - Bedtime. I must read several books and cuddle with mom or dad for "five minutes and ten minutes." This is my standard time for most things I do. Once I am in bed, I have my whole bedtime routine (secrets, friends, etc). Oh, and I must get up a few times before I settle down, usually to tell mom and dad that I haven't had a vitamin today or other important information. Then I will talk and sing myself to sleep.

A Day in the life of Paige:

Early morning - Snort, grunt as loud as I can. The snort means you better feed me or a huge fit will ensue. The grunts means my usual morning gas is coming on strong. Mommy always tells me its a good thing I am cute. I also hear her grumbling to my daddy, who is snoring but I think he pretends.....

1-3 hours later - snort grunt - I need my food fix, Mom. Oh and when you are done, don't even think about putting me down to do something productive. I demand to be held.

1-3 hours later - snort grunt - More food. Mom, you know you are my milk whore.

This is basically my day. I will only nap in my swing and I love to wake mommy up every two hours at night to eat. I am high maintenance and that is how I like it. Just try to make me nap in my crib. I dare you. I can cry and outlast you any day. Bring it on, mom! Mommy always says "I wish I could send you to your grandparents for a few hours." Why does she say that?

3 comments:

Amanda Barefoot said...

LOL! I think I have officially made the decision to have only 1 child!! Hope you have a happy mothers day with lots of time for yourself....you deserve it! wouldn't it be great to have family close by? I miss the grandparents sooo much!

Straight from the pits of Dwell said...

This makes me laugh out loud.

Trisha said...

This was awesome! I love the five minutes and ten minutes. How do these kids come up with their specific demands???