Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to my hubs. You have carried the brunt of this move on your shoulders and I am so proud of how you have handled it (certainly better than me!). And since I don't say it enough -

*Thank you for upgrading our cable so cockfighting isn't one of our only choices.
*Thank you for letting me shop alot lately instead of seeing a pyschiatrist.
*Thanks for going ahead and buying the Khuerig when I didn't think we needed it.
*Thanks for being ok with the fact that I don't like to cook, even in Bahrain...
*Thanks for buying another converter so I don't have to lug them from room to room to plug stuff in.
*Thanks for being the waterboy and lugging the bottles to the apt every few days.
*Thanks for not losing it when I try to explain to you what the maintenance men MAY have said.
*Thanks for lugging the trash down to the dumpster without griping when asked.
*Thanks for laying the smack down on Paige when she is mean to her mommy.
*Thanks for letting me take a nap on the bench at Naples while you dealt with the kids.
*Thanks for calling everyday to see if we need something from base before you head home. Most of the time I do and you never complain.
*Thanks for keeping my car filled with gas and for not making fun of me that I am slightly scared to do it myself or that I don't know where any gas stations are.
*Thanks for rolling down the windows so we can listen to the call to prayer in the car. Maggie loves it more than Kidz Bop!
*Thanks for not caring that I wear a ponytail or hat every single day and no makeup.
*Thanks for helping me see the funny side of our new life here.
*Thanks for loving our girls even when they have lost their minds with all the change.
*Most of all, thanks for leading us through this mess with laughter, composure and patience!!!

Honey, we make a great team and I love you to the top of infinity and the world (Maggie's highest number).

Love,

The Wife

PS. To my dear dad - the only thing that's missing is I didn't get to spend the day with you. I love and miss you dearly. Thanks for letting us go halfway around the world without complaint and for trusting our judgement. I am dying for you and mom to come check out our world! I try to picture your face when I see funny things here and it makes me laugh. Last but not least, thanks for taking in my "son" although it doesn't seem like home with my little Jack not here. I know he is in good hands but it still makes me cry almost as bad as when I asked you if you would keep him for me! Much love - your oldest

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh Hollie! I'm laughing and crying at the same time! What a great tribute to Wiley Coyote and your dad. Just tell Wiley he's lucky to be there with you and not me. He'd have had me killed by now! :)

Amanda Barefoot said...

shopping instead of psychiatry! love it! very very sweet and funny post, Hollie!