So, we have now lived in Bahrain for over a month and while everything has been fine, it is still nervewracking at times (ok, more than that!). We are in our new apartment now and its very nice but its brand new, never been lived in......sooooooo, a few kinks to work out here and there. No biggie if you're able to understand the people who come in to fix stuff for you. I can't understand them and they can't understand me. This, in turn, frustrates my poor hubby when he comes home from work and I have no clue what the poor dudes were trying to tell me about fixing the problem! It's a vicious circle! And this happens every day. I can't understand a damn person that works in this building and they can't understand me. It would be so funny if I video'd our conversations in my apt with my two kids running around screaming in the background. Basically, a lot of head shaking, smiling, and talking loud (as if the louder we talk helps us understand each other!).
Parking in the shade is KEY here. Even if you have the best a/c in the world, if you don't park in the shade, you will be melting in your car for the next 20 minutes. We have one parking spot in the garage parking area and some a-hole has left their car in my spot for the last three days! In addition, they don't register your car here at our building so there was no way to get in touch with the spot stealer. I think (courtesy of my Oklahoma/Saudi comrade, Becky) that a good key scratch down the car for each day in my spot is a good warning to not mess with a woman on the edge! Luckily for their BMW, my parking spot has now been restored to the rightful owner and I hope they are as red, sweaty and miserable as my poor Paigey was when I had to park in the sun.
Last but not least, a big THANK YOU to all the "men" (and that term is applied loosely) who made me feel like I was posing for Playboy today at the waterpark. Apparently, a mom in a modest tankini(Lands End, folks - doesn't get more modest than that!!!) swimming with her family is too much for their sexually repressed hormones to handle. I'm gonna have a hard time biting my tongue when it comes to the punk guys around here who have no respect for anyone.....lets hope you don't see my face on the news in a few months. I shouldn't apply that statement to all men around here. Most are very nice and polite, even though they act like you don't exist, which I get and can respect. It's the young men on this island that bother me. Many are raised by nannies and are fed with a silver spoon. Out in public, they are loud and rude and have no respect. Sad to say, I can see where they are headed in life.
Ok, bitch session #1 is over but I am sure I will have more to come! Just having a bit of a hard time at the moment but I know that it's normal. Friends here have said end of month 1 and month 3 are the hardest. And it probably doesn't help that the temps are in the 110 - 120 range, either. It is making this mom a hot mess right now!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow. i would say you definitely deserve a bitch session! Congrats on your playboy shoot! :0) You guys will be so cultured after this experience.
Post a Comment