Friday, June 4, 2010

Rooftop fun and other interesting tidbits.......

Tonight we had the Flusche family over for a rooftop cookout and swim. We are spoiled and living in a wonderful executive apartment with a great rooftop pool, kiddie pool, grill setup, gym, sauna and steamroom, and restaurant. And since the cold stores (like teensy gas stations minus the the gas) deliver, I really never need to leave the confines of our little heaven. The older kids had a blast, the men grilled with a few cold ones and the babies fussed and griped which is their usual demeanor the last few weeks. Most of my time was spent chasing Paigey. The night was capped with finding out our Wii didn't survive the trip when we tried to hook it up for the boys to play some Tiger Woods Golf. I love moving!!!!

Little Miss Paigey Poo has been entertaining a little mean streak lately. Hitting has become her new guilty pleasure although she most certainly doesn't feel any guilt when she does it. I'm very afraid she will be a biter once she actually has some teeth (come on #3!). She loves biting my hair and shirt. I guess that is what I get after Maggie being so easy. As for Miss Magpie, her sassiness has got her in trouble lately and I fear it's only just started. Yes, Mom (like you're reading this!), I will get repaid. Still, both girls are adjusting well and starting to play and fight like sisters. They like sleeping in the same room although Paigey does wake Maggie up a lot (according to Maggie). I'm ready to be in our new apartment so they can have their own rooms!

We move in to our new apartment next Friday (11th). Sooooooo ready! Downside is our household goods won't get here until closer to the end of the month. Our new apt is on a reclaimed island in the northeast section of the kingdom called Amwaj Island. It's very beautiful and we chose a 4 bedroom flat in the Zaiwa 1 tower. Great ocean views from our two balconeys! We even have a maids room and bathroom off the kitchen (which is pretty standard). Now if I can only get a maid.......hmmm. The apartment comes fully furnished so we won't have to unpack a lot of the stuff we had shipped. All I care about are the toys and my bed pillows.

On another note, lots of demonstrations today were held in Bahrain due to the Israeli flotilla ordeal. We are sent emails daily (I think) of where the hotspots are and places to avoid. It's funny to only hear the Palistinian side of the story. Thankfully we are able to access Fox, etc so we can get the other side. They take security very seriously here. Before the hotel knew my car, they would check underneath it with a mirror searching for explosives. Wiley can't wear his flight suit to work, he has to go in street clothes. We also shouldn't wear clothing depicting American teams, logos etc. Would love to put the girls Sooners shirts on them but we don't. I'm sure my OSU fans appreciate that. In addition, we don't have base decal stickers on our cars. We have clips for them and we clip them to our mirror on base but it has to be taken off as soon as we leave base.

Tomorrow we are checking out a school for Maggie in the fall. Wish us luck. This school is a prek - 12th grade school that is also a boarding school for older kids. It's on our island and it's like walking onto a college campus. I just miss my cute lil country pre-school in Pace, Fl.

Rambling is now over. Maybe one of these days, I can get my thoughts in order and also add some pictures (my little netbook and our shady internet service makes it almost impossible). It just seems I have so much to talk about when I start writing and want my girls to have all these details someday. Thanks for bearing with me, friends!

3 comments:

Susie said...

So glad you're blogging again. Love your new background, too. Isn't CBOTB the best??!!

What an adventure you're living. Savor every moment! And you're not rambling, you're JOURNALING--kind of the same, but journaling is for a purpose, and it just lets the words and thoughts flow. Keep it up--I love it!

Flusche Family said...

The blog looks GREAT, good job Hollie!

Unknown said...

I love this! Miss you guys...glad you are settling in. We totally need to integrate that delivery system in the US!! Keep up the blogging and tell Maggie Mae that Hannah says hello :)