Saturday, June 5, 2010
I wonder........
What the Arab women are like behind closed doors????? It is very strange to me to see them taking skimpy clothes to the dressing room. I would love to know what they wear under their robes. When you see their faces, they are absolutely beautiful, although, as a fan of the natural makeup look - these gals PAINT their faces. And I mean paint with some color! I put some of the blue liquid eyeliner on my hand to see what it was like and I couldn't get it off for 2 days! They also have something they put in their hair because it looks like they must have the world's biggest Bump-it underneath their headscarves. That or the beehive is back in style because everyone is sporting it! The black robes they wear are actually very different from one to another. Some are very simple and others are decked out and very ornamental with lots of beadwork, etc. I would love to meet an Arab friend that can clue me in on the tricks of the trade. That may be somewhat difficult since I'm American and it seems that most of the Arab women won't talk or even look at me. Also, you cannot photograph them without asking their permission. And many probably won't give it. I had some henna painted on my hand several weeks ago and my friend could only take pics of me sans the lady painting my hand. I know this is part of their cultural but curiosity if really killing this cat......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i don't know, why but i'm surprised they wear so much makeup. you should definitely make friends and report back. i'm intrigued. :0)
Post a Comment